// -->

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Two Populations, One Bad Label
#1
Two Populations, One Bad Label

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I need to warn you before we get into this one. This article is about UFOs, aliens, government black-budget programs, Skinwalker Ranch, a man who got burned by an unidentified craft in the Canadian wilderness, and my own firsthand encounter with beings that were not human. I am going to describe all of it in detail. I am not going to flinch.

I am also not a believer.

That's the part that makes this worth reading instead of scrolling past. I'm not here to convince you aliens are real. I'm not here to sell you a conspiracy. I'm not even denying that aliens exist — what I'm denying is that they are what people think they are, and that the stuff flying around in restricted airspace has anything to do with them. I've done the work to sort this out, I've sat with my own experience for years without building a religion around it, and I've arrived at answers that are probably too boring for the History Channel but too honest to ignore.

If you came here looking for proof of the paranormal, you're going to be disappointed. If you came here looking for someone who had a genuinely anomalous experience and still managed to think clearly about it afterward, pull up a chair. This is going to get weird — but it's going to stay sane.

─── ◆ ───

There are two completely separate groups of people reporting two completely separate things, and the entire world treats it as one phenomenon because both groups accidentally use the word "alien."

Military pilots see craft. Abduction experiencers see entities. These are not the same event. They have never been the same event. The fact that they got filed under the same label has poisoned every serious conversation about both for decades.

I'm going to sort this out the way I actually think about it, which includes admitting some things that are uncomfortable to say out loud and refusing to jump to the conclusions that make the best stories. I've had my own experience with this. I'll get to that. But first, let's talk about the part that actually has evidence.

─── ◆ ───

The Craft Are Ours

My dad was out near Roswell once. A buddy with some proximity to the base told him to step outside at an exact time, look in an exact direction, and just watch. My dad saw something stop dead in the air, pull a 90-degree turn, and take off like a bullet. He didn't think it was alien. He thought it was ours. I agree with him.

The public thinks drones started with the Predator in the 90s. The classified timeline is decades longer. The Ryan Firebee was flying unmanned reconnaissance over Vietnam and China in the 1960s. DARPA was funding autonomous flight research through the 70s and 80s. Lockheed's Skunk Works and Northrop's classified programs produced aircraft in the late 70s and early 80s that looked like nothing in the public inventory — and those are just the ones that eventually got declassified. The stuff that stayed classified is, by definition, the stuff we still don't know about.

The maneuvers that make people say "no human technology can do that" are exactly what you'd expect from an unmanned vehicle. Inertia is only a problem if there's a body inside that needs to survive the G-forces. Remove the pilot and the physics of what a craft can do change completely. Multi-rotor stabilization, autonomous navigation, expert-system flight control — the military had this math solved before most people had a home computer. They just couldn't do it cheap or small. "Cheap and small" was never the military's constraint. They'd fly a washing-machine-sized flight computer if that's what the mission required.

So when a pilot sees something do an impossible maneuver over restricted airspace and files a UAP report, I don't think they saw an alien. I think they saw something built in a facility they don't have clearance to know about, running capabilities their briefings never covered. The UFO mythology is — whether by design or by convenient accident — the perfect cover story. Nobody in the Pentagon needs to plant disinformation about aliens when witnesses do it themselves. A guy sees a craft doing things he can't explain and his brain fills in "alien" because what else would it be? And now the sighting is automatically discredited without anyone lifting a finger.

That's not conspiracy. That's just how classification works. You don't hide things by making them invisible. You hide them by making anyone who talks about them sound crazy.

─── ◆ ───

Skinwalker Ranch and the Institutional Smoke Screen

Then there's the other kind of evidence — the kind that should make this more credible but somehow makes it less so the harder you look.

Skinwalker Ranch has a real government paper trail. The DIA's AAWSAP program was funded at $22 million through a classified budget from roughly 2007 to 2012. Real senators — Harry Reid, Ted Stevens, Daniel Inouye — spent real political capital getting it funded. A real DIA scientist visited the ranch, experienced something he couldn't explain, and convinced senior officials the site warranted investigation. Real scientists with real credentials deployed real instrumentation and came back saying they recorded anomalies they couldn't account for.

That sounds damning until you look at what they actually produced. Decades of investigation. Millions of dollars. Over a hundred technical reports delivered to the DIA. And the result? No authenticated samples. No reproducible laboratory analyses published in peer-reviewed journals. No physical evidence that can be independently tested. The 37 technical studies released through FOIA in 2022 cover things like high-energy lasers, propulsion concepts, and exotic materials science. Not one of them directly addresses the reported paranormal activity at the ranch.

Funding a study is evidence of institutional interest. It is not evidence that the thing being studied is real.

And the whole enterprise is now entangled with a multi-season History Channel series, trademarked branding, and a monetized entertainment pipeline. That doesn't mean nothing happened there. It means the incentive structure for claiming something happened there is enormous and growing, and the incentive structure for saying "we spent a lot of money and found nothing conclusive" is exactly zero.

─── ◆ ───

Falcon Lake — The Best Physical Case I've Ever Seen

If I had to pick the single most credible piece of UFO-related physical evidence in the entire public record, it's Stefan Michalak at Falcon Lake in 1967. A blue-collar industrial mechanic out prospecting for quartz in the middle of nowhere, Manitoba. He approached what he thought was an experimental military craft. It hit him with a blast of exhaust that burned a grid pattern into his chest — a pattern matching the vent configuration he described. Investigators found the site contaminated with elevated radiation. Metal fragments were recovered melted into cracks in Precambrian rock that had no business being there. His clothing tested radioactive. The RCMP crime lab couldn't determine the cause.

Michalak didn't believe in aliens before the event. He didn't believe in aliens after it. He declined financial gain from the story. He submitted to questioning for the rest of his life without changing his account. His own son said if his father faked it, he was a genius — and this was not a genius-level schemer.

So what do I actually think happened to him? I think we burned him. I think it was our own tech. I think some guys testing experimental hardware in a remote area encountered a civilian who happened to be in the wrong place, hit him with exhaust to get rid of him, and let the UFO story do the rest. A guy ranting about a flying saucer is a smaller security problem than a guy who had a face-to-face with test pilots flying something that doesn't officially exist. Discredit through absurdity. Let the story be its own cover.

I can't prove that. But it requires fewer assumptions than aliens, and it's consistent with everything we know about how classified aerospace programs operate.

─── ◆ ───

The Part Nobody Wants to Hear

Now here's where I lose the UFO crowd, the skeptics, and probably a few friends.

I've seen aliens. Looked one in the eye. I don't believe it was real.

I was under extreme stress at the time. And I experienced something with a level of sensory detail and coherence that I have never been able to dismiss as a dream or a daydream. I was transported to a place that looked like Earth but was not Earth. I could see a massive lit-up city in the distance — looked like Tokyo at night from far away. The landscape was mostly familiar except the mountains were shaped wrong, like nothing I've ever seen in any geography on this planet. I felt cold. I felt panic at first sight of the beings. I felt nauseous from the transport — the same kind of sick I get in elevators. I had my orange Bic lighter in my pocket and could feel it there.

The beings looked like Inuits. They wore clothing that resembled traditional Inuit gear but cleaner, more uniform, made of modern-looking material — light blue or teal, with fuzzy trim around the hood. They looked somewhat like the grey aliens of pop culture but with major differences. The eyes were large and appeared all-black from a distance, but up close I could see they were normal-structured eyes — just very large, with no visible iris color. Almost like a giant pupil until you got close enough to see the detail.

They didn't talk. They didn't need to. It wasn't telepathy — I want to be specific about that because "telepathy" implies sending and receiving, which isn't what happened. We became common intent. One thought pattern. I just knew what was happening the way you know your own thoughts. Hive-mind is the closest word but even that implies something more structured than what it felt like.

No ship. No technology of any kind. They were gathering kindling. I got the impression they were cold and needed heat and needed me specifically because I had the means to make fire. I lit it. Then I saw the city in the distance and started walking toward it. And that's when the experience ended — I was back.

That description has been the same for years. It doesn't change because I'm not constructing it from a narrative. I'm recalling it from memory the same way I recall what I had for breakfast. It was that real to me.

─── ◆ ───

The Observation That Breaks Everything

Here's why I don't believe my own experience, even though it was the most vivid and detailed anomalous event I've ever had.

I walked out of the scene and the experience ended. I moved beyond what the environment could sustain, and it collapsed. That is exactly what happens in a dream — you push too far from the generated scenario and the scene changes because the rendering can't follow you. Except this was orders of magnitude more coherent than any dream. Full sensory load. Tactile. Thermal. Proprioceptive. The drop on landing was maybe two or three inches and I felt it in my knees.

And then I compare it to the physical evidence cases and nothing lines up. Michalak got burned by a craft. My beings didn't have a craft — they didn't have so much as a match. The Skinwalker Ranch reports describe wolf-like entities, orbs, radiation spikes. My experience had none of that. The Pentagon's PURSUE files show star-shaped objects, floating brain-shaped things, orbs releasing smaller orbs. None of that either. If all of this were one phenomenon — one species, one intelligence, one anything coherent — the reports would converge. Instead they diverge. Each account is internally consistent and externally incompatible with every other account.

Real physical phenomena produce convergent testimony. Lightning looked the same to the Greeks as it does to us. Ball lightning reports share stable characteristics across centuries. Reality constrains what you can report because reality is consistent. Whatever this is, it isn't constrained that way. It tracks cultural expectations, personal psychology, and individual stress states. It produces experiences proportional to the observer and not proportional to any external stimulus.

And here's the sharpest cut: the richness of the experience and the strength of the physical evidence are inversely correlated. My experience was the most detailed, most immersive, most experientially real event in my entire dataset — and it produced zero physical evidence. Falcon Lake produced the best physical evidence — and Michalak never saw an entity. If this were one phenomenon, the best experience would produce the best evidence. It does the opposite.

That's a strong argument for the whole thing being generated by the observer rather than existing independently of them.

─── ◆ ───

Tripping on Your Own Supply

I was stressed badly when this happened. And extreme stress is one of the few conditions we know can make the brain run its full-resolution perception engine on internally generated content. Cortisol, norepinephrine, and under severe enough pressure the brain's own tryptamine chemistry can produce a full psychedelic-grade experience without a single substance being ingested. You don't need drugs to trip. You just need enough sustained pressure to push past the threshold where the system that normally separates "this is real" from "this is generated" stops doing its job.

This isn't new. Carl Jung reported entity encounters and visionary experiences during periods of intense psychological crisis. He didn't dismiss them and he didn't deify them. He sat with them, documented them, and tried to understand what they meant about the structure of the mind. He confronted them the way I confront mine — not with fear, not with worship, just with honest attention.

I'm 44. If any of this was going to hurt me it would have by now. How scared should I be? Probably not very. The beings I encountered — whatever they were — were chill. Cold and needing fire, not aggressive and packing weapons. If they were something to be worried about, I'd know. So like Jung I just accepted the experience, navigated it like any other, and filed it under "I don't know what that was and I'm not going to pretend I do."

Not my first time either. And that tracks neurologically — once a pathway has fired, it fires easier the next time. Not because something is wrong, but because the brain is an efficiency machine. A circuit that has run once is a circuit that is easier to run again.

And here's the thing people really don't want to sit with: none of this is accidental discovery. Humans have been doing this on purpose since the earliest civilizations. We figured out a long time ago that if you push the body hard enough, the mind goes somewhere else — and people have been exploiting that deliberately for thousands of years.

The old dark Catholicism had flagellants — monks and penitents beating their own bodies bloody to see God. That wasn't metaphor. They were inducing altered states through sustained pain and the neurochemical cascade that follows it. Push past a threshold of physical suffering and the body floods itself with endorphins, and if you keep going past that, the pain flips. It becomes ecstasy. The system overloads and the brain starts generating visions, presence, divine contact — the full experience. They knew it worked. They didn't know why, but they had the method dialed.

Go further back and further into the jungle and you find the Mesoamerican bloodletting rituals — Maya royalty pulling thorn-studded ropes through their own lips and tongues to induce vision states. Same mechanism, earlier version, different cultural skin on the output. They weren't seeing Christ. They were seeing the Vision Serpent, ancestors, gods from their own cosmology. The delivery system was identical — extreme physical trauma producing a neurochemical environment where the brain's simulation engine kicks into high gear — but the content was local. Each culture got the visions its mythology had primed it to expect.

Fasting, sleep deprivation, sweat lodges, sun dances, extended isolation, sensory deprivation — every civilization on Earth independently discovered that if you abuse the body in specific sustained ways, the mind produces experiences that feel realer than real. Some of those traditions are thousands of years old. The fact that people still have these experiences accidentally under extreme stress is not mysterious. It's the untriggered version of something humans have been triggering on purpose since before written history. We just lost the user manual and started calling the output aliens instead of gods.

─── ◆ ───

Two Populations, One Garbage Label

Here's the framework, cleaned up and sorted:

Military pilots and trained observers see craft. They see structured objects performing maneuvers that exceed publicly known aerospace capability. They report these through official channels. Their observations are consistent with classified unmanned or autonomous vehicles operating beyond the public technology envelope. These are not aliens. These are ours. The government doesn't need to confirm or deny because the UFO story does the classification for them.

Experiencers — abduction cases, entity encounters, visionary contact — see beings, environments, and narratives. Their experiences are internally coherent, sensorially rich, and persistent in memory. They are also mutually incompatible across cases, culturally influenced, associated with extreme stress states, and they produce no physical evidence. These experiences are almost certainly neurologically real — meaning the brain generated them with the same machinery it uses for waking perception. They are not externally real in the way a chair is real. They are the mind's own full-fidelity simulation running without the usual reality check.

These are two separate phenomena. They should never have been in the same category. The craft guys contaminated the entity guys and vice versa, and now the entire field is an incoherent mess because everyone is arguing about one thing that is actually two things.

─── ◆ ───

The Conversation We Need to Have

People need to have an honest discussion about the mental phenomena we experience and why. Not to pathologize it — I'm fine, Jung was fine, most experiencers are fine — but to understand it. This is worse than not knowing psychedelic substances exist and accidentally ingesting them. Millions of people are having stress-induced neurological events that feel more real than reality and they have no framework for understanding what happened to them. So they reach for aliens, or God, or demons, or simulation theory, or whatever the culture around them provides. And then they organize their entire worldview around an experience that was generated by their own brain under duress.

Finding the causes, the conditions, the mechanisms — understanding why the brain does this and what triggers it — is going to change a lot about how people think and how they interpret their own experience. Not to take anything away from them. Just to give them a better map.

Because right now the map is garbage. The UFO guys and the alien guys are in the same room yelling past each other, the government is drip-feeding ambiguous files to keep the mystery industry alive, the History Channel is monetizing the confusion, and the actual experiencers — the ones who went somewhere and came back and can describe it in perfect detail years later — are either treated as crazy or recruited as proof of something they can't actually prove.

I'm not selling anything. I don't have a TV show. I don't have a book deal. I had an experience I can't explain, I watched a man get burned by something in the Canadian wilderness, I've seen what the government is willing to spend money investigating, and I've looked at all of it honestly.

Here's where I landed: the craft are ours. The experiences are ours too — just a different kind of ours. And until an alien rolls up and slaps me in the face with a clock in one hand and a way to prove I'm in baseline physical reality in the other, I'm filing the whole thing under "fascinating, unexplained, and almost certainly generated right here between my own ears."

They can come pick me up for a ride any time though. I didn't have a bad time.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
— Z E R O S  T O  H E A V E N ! —
Photonamus Industries • Founder
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Two Populations, One Bad Label - by Photonamus - 08-22-2026, 12:57 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)